Who We Are:
The PBG is a non-profit organization that helps maintain the #1 Gay Community in America by promoting Provincetown to the GLBT market worldwide, producing such events as the much loved Carnival - the height of Ptown’s summer celebration, Holly Folly – the world’s only GLBT holiday festival and Cabaret Fest – a weekend of music and merriment.
The PBG membership is made up of all types of businesses who are directly and indirectly affected by tourism to Provincetown and who are committed to the economic and cultural development of GLBT tourism in this one of a kind destination. The PBG also welcomes and is fortunate to have associate members who simply want to support the organization and the work that we do.
We welcome your support by membership, participation in our sponsored fund raiser events or a simple donation. Together we can achieve shared success and allow us to continue our efforts in promoting Provincetown to the GLBT community.
President - Richard McNally, Security First Mortgage
Vice President - Kevin O'Shea, Dexter's Inn
Treasurer - Todd Wagar, Provincetown Bookkeeping
Secretary - Cathy Nagorski, Sage Inn & Lounge
Director - Betsy Melamed, Betsy's Restaurant
Director - Kevin Walsh, The Boatslip
Director - Tim Richmond, John Randall House
Director - Robyn Bazlen-Weglarz, Admirals Landing
Director - Jim Rizzo, Christopher's By the Bay
Executive Director - Erin Atwood
Member Services Coordinator - Tamara Endich
First let us introduce ourselves:
We’re really excited about your interest in becoming a member of the Provincetown Business Guild. One thing that people don’t necessarily know about our organization is that we are a non-profit organization and that half of our budget comes from membership dues and all of the extras that members invest in, such as advertising. The other half comes from events, sponsorship and grants. So, the more members we have, the more we can do for our members. It’s as simple as that.
With the help of our membership dues and fundraising we work hard to promote Provincetown as the #1 GLBT travel destination all year long by:
* Publishing 30,000 travel magazines and maps, both of which list all of our members.
* Having our collateral at international, national and regional travel shows.
* Hosting a booth with the Town Tourism Office at the New York GLBT Expo every spring.
* Having our collateral at same sex wedding expos, GLBT book stores, regional travel centers and on all the ferries and buses that arrive in Provincetown.
So, a lot of the promotion we do happens way before your business will see the benefit. Our goal is to attract that visitor who may never have been here, may not have been here in years, is planning a vacation for the future or needs to be reminded of the reasons they always want to come back. When that visit happens, your business enjoys the result.
Our web site and listings:
Are one of the most highly trafficked in Provincetown. It is easily searchable, so a visitor can search for something specific like a restaurant with take-out, hotels with a fireplace or handicapped accessible shopping.
As a member of the PBG, you receive a complimentary listing on www.ptown.org which includes a photo or logo, address, email, phone number and up to 225 characters of text. Lodging establishments also have price bands for the rates during low, mid, and high season. You control this information and can change it as much as you like.
Are eight times a year, including our Annual Meeting and our Holiday Party. We also sometimes have meetings to discuss specific topics like a Town Warrant Review. They are always held at a venue that is a member of the PBG. At these meetings, members are invited to make announcements and hear a report of what the PBG is up to. These meetings are your chance to network with other business owners and keep your finger on the pulse of the community.
Our membership year:
Is from October 1st to September 30th of each year. Membership costs $275 per year. There are other additional features, such as a web link for $50 that can be added to your membership. We also offer group health insurance, which is often important to small business owners. We’d would be happy to discuss which features would be appropriate for your business.
FREE benefits of the PBG include:
* Ability to add “Events” to our Events Calendar on www.ptown.org/calendar.asp
* Insertion in our weekly email blasts to make announcements about your business
* Opportunity to include your collateral in the bags for the NYC GLBT Expo in March.
(Free if you volunteer to stuff bags or a small fee if you need your collateral inserted for you)
* Opportunity to offer and receive other PBG member discounts
PAID benefits of the PBG include:
* Opportunity to include a flier in our member mailings during fall - spring for $30
* Opportunity to have your brochures, menus or cards delivered to our member lodging establishments during the spring through fall for $30
* Opportunity to purchase tile ads on www.ptown.org starting at $125
* Ability to list “Specials” on www.ptown.org/specials.asp for $50
* Opportunity to purchase ads in our magazine, Provincetown- Like Nowhere Else
* For lodging establishments, the opportunity to participate in "Last Minute Availability" for $100 per year, which allows you to advertise available rooms for the upcoming weeks.
* For Retailers, Restaurants, Galleries, Service Perfessionals and other establishments, the opportunity to participate in "What's Happening" for $100 per year, which allows you to advertise hours open and any specials for the upcoming weeks.
* Access to group health insurance (free quote available before purchasing a plan)
Contact the office at 508-487-2313 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thank you for helping us promote the #1 GLBT Community!